B

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blogging Slump

Wow...I haven't blogged forever!! I do, however, keep looking at all the friends and family blogs to see what's going on...so I decided to get with and add a post. The sad thing is, I don't really have anything going on to blog about :( I am glad that January is over and done with!! It's always waaaayyyy toooo long. Work has been insanely busy. The girls are back in school and moaning every day about it. The both did great on there report cards which is cool (math is still the only holdout for and "A" for both of them) They are good students and good kids. Maybe one day they will understand all the nagging about good study habits,good grades etc.,they got from their parents. We can only hope! I've taken them up skiing a couple of times since Christmas. One of the resorts does "ski free after 3" everyday. So on their early out day, we head up there and they can ski free for about 2 hours. Its a nice escape from the city, even if its only a couple of hours.
Hannah is in the school play...they are doing "Mulan" and she is having a great time being part of it. One day, she'll be the STAR!!
Gracie started back at piano after a month off. She is learning some new pieces and she asked me to get her the music from "Pride and Predjudice" and she is working on that ...its really beautiful music.
Lots of happy birthdays in January and February..so to Joseph,Mike, Emily, Ellen, Wendy, Erin and George..Happy Birthday.
For any of you readers out there I picked up a "readers choice" book at our local library called 'Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen" by Susan Gregg Gilmore. It was a fun and easy read. Its set in the Ringgold, Georgia in the 1970's. To all my Southern in-laws, I think you'd really like it..its along the line of "Cold Sassy Tree" and "Fried Green Tomatoes".
So, not too exciting of a blog...hopefully the slump is over and I'll be better about it!!!

2 comments:

Tui Family said...

Julie!
Yay! Your back! It's good to hear what you've been up to. ONE of these days, I promise we are actually going to get together. Maybe after I finish my training in 2 weeks? We'll have to plan something...

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

Hi Julie, I have been a lamer with blogging. We have all been sick with flu and colds. Bummer. Thanks for the book suggestion. I'm always looking for a good one. Give everyone a hug for me-
Wendy