B

Monday, April 13, 2009

Gracie's Great Adventure

So, today my dad took me down to the DMV so I could take the test to get my Learner's permit (to drive). I have been studying for a few weeks and I was hoping that I had everything down. Got there, stressed out, took the test..... and PASSED! With flying Colors, (84%) I passed the test to get my Learners! Yay, I'm legal!. So, later in the afternoon, my dad took me ( in his monster truck) to the cemetary around the corner so I could practice more. I've only driven, like, twice before this, mind you. After a few minutes of driving, I arrive at the gate where we came in, right on 3300 south, which is a semi-busy street. I get there, my dad has me stop the car, and then is like, "okay, now pull out into the road" and I'm just thinking, WHAT??? Finally I just did it and I drove home without hitting any other cars, bicyclists, or pedestrians. I need to work on my turning, though. So, today's life lesson: Driving is STRESSFUL when you are first learning.
~Gracie



*EDIT* Oh, and Hannah came up with a saying for me. If you've seen the movie 'Princess Bride' you'll get it. If not, watch the movie. It is one of the best movies ever made! Here it is:

My Name is Gracie Langley. I got my permit. Prepare to die.

2 comments:

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

I knew you could do it!! Yea, I am so proud of you. Now be careful out there!!! Kisses, Aunt Wendy

Blake Roberts said...

Congrats!