B

Saturday, September 27, 2008

before and after





So, I love a good deal....There is a great little store the girls and I love to go to. Its called "Second Hand Chic" and its full of all kinds of treasures, antiques (aka..things I remember from MY childhood),purses, knicknacks etc. I hadn't been in there for a long time and was right in the neighborhood so I stopped in. They were having a moving sale and everything was pretty much gone but back against the wall with all kinds of stuff in front of it and quilts hanging on it, was a brass bed. It looked like it was in pretty good shape. I decided to wait a day or so and after Hannah's soccer game the next day we stopped back over and the bed was still there. They let me put a bit of brasso on it to see how it would clean up and after that I decided to buy it...for a whopping fifty bucks!!! Tim's comment was "its your money"...I took it home and went to work in the garage....the more the tarnish came off the more impressed Tim was with my find. I bought it to put up at our cabin but now it may end up staying here...at least for the winter anyway. It turned out really nice and I LOVE a good deal!!!

2 comments:

Tui Family said...

Wow Julie!
That's awesome...I love finding good deals, but I never would've been that creative! It looks good! =)

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

I love it!! I can just picture it with a comfy quilt on it. You did great! What a deal.