
Since Thanksgiving seems to be the "forgotten holiday" sandwiched in between Halloween (which has become WAY over rated) and Christmas, I thought I'd post a couple of prayers that I came across one day and I put them in my quote journal...
All we have comes from Thy hand, our Heavenly Father. Thou has given us life and provided us with the means of living. We thank thee for this food and thy loving kindness. Bless this home and those that sit about this table. Grant us peace of mind and joy of heart. Help us to love one another and to remember those who hunger and thirst for more of Thy love and righteousness. This we ask in the name of Jesus, Thy son and our Savior.
and
Lord, behold our family here assembled. We thank you for the food we are about to eat, for the home in which we dwell, for the love that unites us, for the peace to us this day. We ask that you give us courage, gaiety and a quiet mind that we may be temperate in wrath, constant in faith, and to the gates of Heaven, loyal and loving to one another. Amen
All we have comes from Thy hand, our Heavenly Father. Thou has given us life and provided us with the means of living. We thank thee for this food and thy loving kindness. Bless this home and those that sit about this table. Grant us peace of mind and joy of heart. Help us to love one another and to remember those who hunger and thirst for more of Thy love and righteousness. This we ask in the name of Jesus, Thy son and our Savior.
and
Lord, behold our family here assembled. We thank you for the food we are about to eat, for the home in which we dwell, for the love that unites us, for the peace to us this day. We ask that you give us courage, gaiety and a quiet mind that we may be temperate in wrath, constant in faith, and to the gates of Heaven, loyal and loving to one another. Amen
3 comments:
Thank you for the timely reminder. The prayers are beautiful and I, too, want to write them in my journal. Thanks for the reminder that we desert rats don't have to rake leaves. I still miss fall and I think I always will. Love to you all.
Thanks Julie! It is definately a forgotten holiday and I'm trying to take the month to focus on all my blessings! Can I ever see you? I feel like a slacker friend! =)
Thanks for expressing so beautifully what I feel.
Post a Comment