B

Thursday, December 4, 2008

ATK Field Trip







My (Gracie's) Biology class (and multiple sevies that are NOT in Bio) went on a field trip to go and see them test the rocket engine at ATK, where Casey works. It was Awesome! Above are some pictures I took, and below are a couple videos, sorry that they're not that steady. I had to zoom alllll the way in and it was waaay far away. I guess that was a good thing though, because I learned that right up next to where it goes off, the temperature gets up to about 5000 degrees. I think we would have been roasted. If I had to describe this field trip in one word: Amazing. You could just see the smoke from it moving, almost like it was alive! It looked kinda foam-like, though. It was awesome to see. My teacher brought her daughter, and she was all like, "The cloud is coming! It's going to attack us!" (She's only 7). It was pretty funny because then she started to hide behind people and point at the clouds/smoke. Even though it was freezing and took a 2-hour bus ride (one way) to get there, It was soooo worth it. but I think they should have started just a few minutes later and kept the road closed a little longer, becuase we made it back to the school 'just in time' to get to our last period. For TEN MINUTES. I would have just gone to the library across the street, but then it would have counted as a sluff, so.......
P.S. Aunt Wendy, I am soooo sorry about your house being broken into!!!!!!! :'( Was it just during the day when everyone was gone or at work, or was it at night?




2 comments:

Sandy said...

Your pictures are great, Gracie. I can't wait until you get down here. We have planned days of fun, fun, and more fun. Hurry

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

Gracie this is awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing. Did you tell Casey you were coming??