B

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Langley Road Trip 2008

We just got back from our vacation/road trip and Gracie (and me, sort of) managed to create a slide show of the pictures. The girls took most of the pictures since I FORGOT my camera .... they did a great job. We started out in Logan Canyon at Tony Grove. The camp ground was full but Tim found a great little spot just down the road. We had a beautiful view and ended up with a few neighbors who found the same road. The other campers were quiet and then around 10:30 pm we hear what sounds like a Greyhound bus pullling up...it was a large motorhome AND a big pick-up hauling about 7 horses. They unloaded the horses and then started dinner...Tim had to go ask them to please be quiet....it was nice while it lasted. Then we were off to Bear Lake and lovely Dingle, Idaho. Tim's friend at work owns a cattle ranch and he let us pull the trailer into his yard. We had a great time at the lake but next time we know to bring shade and water toys. Hopefully we can make it up there again it was fun. On Sunday we headed to Jackson, Wyoming and spent a couple of days at my sisters. My brother-in-law Ric has a great river boat and took us down the Snake. It was fabulous! Tim and Hannah were at the front of the boat and got drenched more then once (I learned to sit in the back of the boat from our last trip!) I should have pictures of that in a few days and I'll post them. We decided to leave the trailer and the dogs in Jackson and just took the day to go drive through Yellowstone. It was beautiful too. It would be nice to go there in the fall when tourist season is over. We saw lots of wildlife and took lots of pictures. The next day we drove over to Idaho and met up with Erin. She showed us where she and Mike camped and its a great little spot. It had a nice size stream just a bout 15 feet from the trailer and the girls and Tim were out with their fly rods. The fish were small but they had a great time. We drove down to Rexburg the next day and had lunch with Erin and Mike then headed for home. We had a great time and got along well despite being in close quarters for a week. We hope you enjoy the slide show....miss you all!!

5 comments:

Blake Roberts said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'll be up there in Utah the week of the first, so hopefully you all are in town so I can drop by.

Sandy said...

The pictures are great, the blog master is very talented and I have the greatest family ever. I have to admit that I am jealous (just a little bit) of such a fantastic road trip.

Sandy said...

The pictures are wonderful and the blog master is very talented. What a great trip. I am just a little bit jealous.

Gracie said...

Yes, I AM very talented, aren't I?
hah. If There's any request for a song, just tell me and i'll add it to my playlist on the bottom of the page here.

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

Love the slideshow!!!! Oh my gosh, I wish that I had been there too. It looks like a lot of fun. Your blog is looking awesome!!