B

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tim and Julie's Excellent Adventure




Hi Everyone....

Tim and I have had a great fun seeing his hometown. It has been fun to see him having such a good time and to watch the memories come flooding back to him. Its amazing how much you can remember after a 3o+ year absence. We've been able walk around the old neighborhood and see Uncle Hugh's house and the house you all lived in...we even met the people who live in the house now and had a nice time chatting with them. They were very nice and let us come into the yard and take pictures of the house. We've been to Fernbank Science Center and Stone Mountain. We also were able to walk through the ward house where you went to church...its all been fun. We drove through the Smokey Mountains today which was beautiful. It was rainy and we weren't able to get out and hike around like we had hoped but it was beautiful anyway. So.....we were looking forward to spending a sedate, scenic evening in beautiful Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Fordge and have somehow ended up in Redneck Hell....we don't know how to find the words to capture the ambience of Pidgeon Fordge. Let me just say that we had the road Atlas out and were planning our departure/escape before we even found our hotel....We ate dinner and have been in our room just counting the time we have before we can leave. We look forward to returning to Georgia tomorrow. All in all, it's been a great trip and wish you were all here with us.

1 comment:

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

I really do have tears in my eyes at this photos!! So many memories, it looks a little different and yet I would recognize it immediately. I am glad you guys have had such a good trip and can't wait to hear all about it. Got a big smile out of Pidgeon Fordge, can't say as I've ever been there and know that I don't want to...love ya lots !!